In the past several years alkalizing has become famous term, especially to those following health food and healthy diets. If you want to alkalize your body you must make a few changes to your diet and habits as well.
A lot of individuals in the USA consume deadly diets high in “quick and easy” foods, grains, genetically modifies foods (GMO), carbohydrates, foods increased with sugars and a lot of refined foods. It seems that Standard American Diet is just simple SAD. Using this kind of diets can create about 100mEq of acid per day in our body and this quantity of acid is twice what the human body can handle.
In this case, alkalizing the body is more that necessary since our body is meant to be an alkaline organism.
Why Alkalizing Is Important!
Consuming acidic foods may affect to the human immune system and make us more susceptible to disease and cause serious health consequences. Our body will take alkalizing substances from the bones or vital tissues if the body Ph is acidic. This can cause negative effects such as:, low immune system, headaches, indigestion, acne, joint pain, weak hair and nails, trouble losing weight and allergies.
However, there are also more serious circumstance which can occur considering that all our organs as our heart, liver, thyroid, lungs, kidneys, colon etc can be influenced by our PH level.
The Alkaline Diet
Even if you eat enough healthy food such as fresh vegetables and fruits and you are not worried about your blood pH levels, nevertheless the below alkaline foods will help to your overall wellbeing.
Top Six Alkaline Foods
- Swiss Chard
Swiss chard is a number one alkaline food and also has ability to clean the body from free radical and contained great anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties.
Since its pH level of 8.5 and 92% water content, the melon is one of the most famous alkaline foods. Watermelon is more that good for cleansing the colon as a natural laxative.
- Olive Oil
The olive oil is very tasty and contained vitamin E and monounsaturated fatty acids.
Is one of the most famous alkaline foods and is very useful for preventing cardiovascular disease.
- Flax Seed
It can be used for alkalizing your body and can reduce inflammation and hot flashes in menopausal women very successfully. Flax seeds are also rich in fiber and vitamin E.
Is also at the top of the list of alkalizing foods. This food is very significant for overall health as it boosts the immune system, and has the power to regulate blood pressure.
Other Alkaline Foods
- Avocado – Contain high level of monounsaturated fats required for a healthy heart.
- Bananas– When ripe, bananas can improving heart health and promoting regularity.
- Berries – Contain antioxidants.
- Carrots – Contain beta-carotene and will improve eyesight.
- Broccoli – Steam it for cholesterol- lowering benefits.
- Grapes – High in multivitamins and antioxidants, grapes will lower blood pressure.
- Pineapple – Will help with weight loss.
- Lemons– Has several health benefits.
- Brussels sprouts – May prevent cancer.
- Sauerkraut – Fermented foods add probiotics to your diet.
- Cauliflower – A healthy substitute for bread.
- Grapefruit – Rich source of vitamin A and C.
- Seaweeds – Contain iron and are powerful acid reducers.
- Cucumber – Its more than 90% water content will keep your skin healthy and youthful.
- Parsley – Used for cleaning the intestines.
- Mango– Very useful for decontamination the colon.
- Spinach –Contain a lot of vitamins.
- Oranges – Great for clearing a cold.
- Papaya – A very useful natural laxative to keep your colon clean.